Why should you care? Well, maybe you shouldn't, but in case you do, here are some instructions. The wifey and I are planning on chronicling the odyssey to the Pyrenees, taking pictures, videos, and generally making fools of ourselves with the locals. We hope that will lead to some interesting stories, and we'd like to share them with you. We want to do it all in the same place, so, for the next couple of weeks, make a point to swing by the wifey's blog, where we'll be posting various sundry experiences that will include, but will not be limited
- Wine (duh)
- NOMs (double duh)
- Various climbs in the Pyrenees (like the iconic Tourmalet)
- Attempts by yours truly to beg beer off of campers from various countries at the top of several mountains while waiting on the arrival of the peloton
- French hydration and nutrition strategies (I'm pretty sure this mostly involves espresso, baguette, and brie)
- Attempts by your truly not to be too much of a groupie as I stalk the likes of Jens Voigt, Fabian Cancellara, and George Hincapie
- Attempts by the wifey to prevent me from (fill in the blank)
Until then, stay hungry friends, and I bid you adieu...
PS: If you happen to be watching the Tour next week, and, as the riders crest the Tourmalet, you see a dashing young bloke who looks astonishingly like me sprinting alongside with the "Big Red" version of the South Carolina state flag tied around his neck, Superman style, making a complete ass out of himself, that's not me. That's my evil French twin.