Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bon Voyage

For the 4 or 5 of  you that actually read these feeble ramblings, this is old news, but the wifey and I are goin' on a little trip starting tomorrow. You may not have heard, but there's this bike race going on over in the lovely little backwater known as France. Being two-wheeled enthusiasts, the wifey and I have long dreamed of watching the best in the world throw the hammer down in the biggest race in the world. The opportunity presented itself to not only go, but do so we some good friends, and, well, we had to take the plunge.

Why should you care? Well, maybe you shouldn't, but in case you do, here are some instructions. The wifey and I are planning on chronicling the odyssey to the Pyrenees, taking pictures, videos, and generally making fools of ourselves with the locals. We hope that will lead to some interesting stories, and we'd like to share them with you. We want to do it all in the same place, so, for the next couple of weeks, make a point to swing by the wifey's blog, where we'll be posting various sundry experiences that will include, but will not be limited
to:
  • Wine (duh)
  • NOMs (double duh)
  • Various climbs in the Pyrenees (like the iconic Tourmalet)
  • Attempts by yours truly to beg beer off of campers from various countries at the top of several mountains while waiting on the arrival of the peloton
  • French hydration and nutrition strategies (I'm pretty sure this mostly involves espresso, baguette, and brie)
  • Attempts by your truly not to be too much of a groupie as I stalk the likes of Jens Voigt, Fabian Cancellara, and George Hincapie
  • Attempts by the wifey to prevent me from (fill in the blank)
Anyway, you get the idea. Like John Denver said "All my bags are packed, and I'm ready to go." Well, the bags are mostly packed, but I'm definitely ready to go, so, for now, we will be saying bon voyage to you, dearest readers, from this space. Get thee over to the Wandering Cyclist early and often, we promise to provide first rate time wasting material for the difficult work day.

Until then, stay hungry friends, and I bid you adieu...


PS: If you happen to be watching the Tour next week, and, as the riders crest the Tourmalet, you see a dashing young bloke who looks astonishingly like me sprinting alongside with the "Big Red" version of the South Carolina state flag tied around his neck, Superman style, making a complete ass out of himself, that's not me. That's my evil French twin.

2 comments:

  1. Bon voyage Nikki and Bo! vous vous amusez bien!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to represent w/Big Red! I can't wait to see the updates. May your travels be safe, your riding be vertical, and may the NOMs be stellar! -Jess

    ReplyDelete